Sunday, February 28, 2016

Welcome to Artisan Sawdust Creation!

Greetings!  I'm new to the blogosphere.  I'm a hobbiest woodworker.  I love thinking about designs, possibilities, joinery, finishing, and interesting methods or techniques.  Most of all, I love making sawdust!  Usually, after making a lot of sawdust, I have something to show for it, that sometimes can prove to be useful.

Black walnut table, top finished with poured epoxy, live edge including bark in some spots.


This is black walnut which I scavenged from a friend who was harvesting black walnut trees for lumber.  This is sections of crotch of a tree, which I milled myself on a band saw.  I joined pieces together with biscuits, kept some live edges with the bark still attached.  It is a poured epoxy finish on top, and wiping varnish over everything.

I guess it could be a bench, but it is currently being used as a table.  More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment